Jefferson Einstein Hospital
5501 Old York Road
Philadelphia, PA 19141
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
132 South 10th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Why Choose Jefferson Health?
Every year, we provide routine obstetrical and maternity care for thousands of expectant moms in the area. And when it’s time for your delivery, it’s important to feel that both you and your baby are going to receive excellent care.
We have a staff of experts to support you and your family the entire way, including:
- Highly experienced and compassionate obstetricians and midwives
- Extraordinary nursing care
- Perinatologists who specialize in high-risk pregnancy
- Anesthesiologists who have been specially trained to care for pregnant women
- Lactation consultants
Care You Can Count On
Having a baby is a joyful time, but it can also cause stress and lots of questions. That’s why we are here for expecting parents and their newborns every step of the way, with specialized services and personalized programs including:
- Infertility support
- Prenatal testing
- LGBTQ family planning
- Free childbirth and other educational classes
- Free support groups including breastfeeding support
- Renovated mother-baby/post-partum unit
- CenteringPregnancy® group prenatal care that that brings together families with similar pregnancy due dates in a comfortable group setting while also offering more time with your provider
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine (MFM) for high-risk pregnancy care
- Intensive care for newborns
- Maternal units and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICU) staffed by neonatologists and neonatal nurse practitioners for newborns requiring advanced care
Our support services include family planning as well as educational programs to help prepare you for pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, parenting and more! We’ll get you ready to be the parent you’ve always wanted to be and help you understand what to expect along this journey of a lifetime.
See for Yourself.
Get comfortable with our maternity wards before you and your baby arrive. Our virtual tour includes 360-degree views, from the labor room all the way to the newborn nursery.